Saturday 7 August 2010

Totally Tilda challenge #2 make a shaped card

It's been a great day for shopping managed to find a pack of Aqua Markers in an art shop when I was looking for something totally different, I've not had chance to try them, I don't think they will be any different to applying water to any other water based media, I'm hoping I get chance to try them later this evening.

Well I had a struggle with the second Totally Tilda Challenge, the main stumbling block was which shape to use, in the end I decided it would be nice to try a plant pot.  I've fudged the plant pot shape without any templates and I'm giving myself a great big pat on the back as I managed it in one cutting session, usually there is a pile of scrap paper covering my feet. Tilda is coloured with Pro Markers, the paper is one I've had for ages (years) I liked the cracked paint look of it which seems to suit the plant pot idea. Ooh nearly forgot I bought a set of Justrite stamps and made the circle sentiment using them, I need a bit of practice with these as they don't always seem to sit level on the stamp. Ribbon, flowers and lace complete the card. 

This is my entry for the

9 comments:

Andrea said...

What a gorgeous card - love the flowerpot shape, and the crackle effect paper looks fab. Also love the way you have added the flowers at the top, and your colouring of Tilda is gorgeous.
Love, Andrea xx

Teresa said...

Stunning card, beautiful colouring, lace and flowers. Teresa xx

Kaz Hall said...

Just beautiful kathleen, Love the crakeled paint effect, may have to try that! I love the ribbon trim too......I got a thing about ribbons at the mo!lolx I saw the aqua markers on create and craft, let me know how you get on with them, they may be a must have!! have a lovely weekend

kazxx

Trisha said...

This is just soooo pretty! Love the crackle finish on the flower pot shape!Thanks for playing at Totally Tilda! xoxo Trisha

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is adoreable, you did a fab job and the florwer pot is perfect!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Simply stunning card Kathleen, love it all :-) Yes sometimes you don't need to buy templates when you can cut the shapes yourself and use the money you save to spend on more crafty stash :-)
Just had a thought you could even use scraps of fabric for the top layer of that bag as you would be cutting the top layer anyway - think I'll have to try that myself. On one of the layers I did use 2 separate pieces of fabric as I didn't have enough of one.
Anne xx

Lori said...

So pretty, she looks fabulous in these colours, I may have to try that...lol, thanks for joining Totally Tilda!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty, love the shape and how you've crackled the flowerpot.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our shaped card challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Susie Sugar said...

Excellent ....Totally Stunning darling Love those big roses and Tilda looks fab
thanks for joining the Totally Tilda challenge #2
Hugs Susie & the TT team xx