Tuesday 5 April 2011

Gift Box - Hat Box

I had the idea to make this gift box after chatting with Kaz at Crafty Bunch where she mentioned a challenge with a hat theme.  I already had this circular box and an old template for a hat and completed the project last night.  To be honest when I started to decorate the box I had in mind a more shabby look but like so many crafting projects they end up nothing like the original idea.

I've used a plain striped paper which I've stamped with tiny flowers and leaves along the base of the box and round the edges of the lid.  The hat was made from the template below and decorated with ribbon, flowers and trim.
Hat Template
I'm not sure who created the original template to give credit too except to say I've had it quite a few years.  I've writen the sizes I've worked to but any size can be worked from the diagram.

I was looking at  Sir Stampalot Challenge which is Ladies and Fashion and I think this project fits their theme.

Hope you like and thanks for stopping by
Kathleen x

I'm entering this project into the following challenge

16 comments:

Carrie said...

This is a very beautiful project and it looks like alot of work has gone into it Kathleen. I love the way you have stamped the flowers around the bottom. Good Luck with the Challenge.
Love
Carrie
xxx

Andrea said...

Wow, how fabulous is that!
Love your hat - and thanks for the template - looks very easy to do.
Love, Andrea xx

Francesca said...

Wonderful creation

Thanks for joining us for our women and fashion Challenge at Sir Stamplot challenge this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

brenda said...

What a fabulous piece of work Kathleen. So different and so perfect for our theme this month.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in at Stampalot this month.

B x

There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness ... this is so very pretty and clever! Thank you for sharing your sweet project with us this week in the Tea Room :)

allex said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful hat box !! It is truly gorgeous !!

Hugs, sandra xx

Anita said...

Oh yes I like ;)! It's stunning!! It was worth waiting for :)Don't apologize for not blogging lately, it's a hobby not a profession ;)
Hugs, Anita

Sasha said...

This is such a pretty project. Beautifully made!

pinky said...

Thats just beautiful and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month. Hugs
Pinky

Melissa Bove said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous!! Love it! So shabby and beautiful!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!! Fabulous idea!! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Sally H said...

What a fabulous creation! I love everything about it! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Tracy said...

Fabulous project, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is glorious, love that hat!

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful Kathleen!
Hope you're keeping well hun.
Julie (ILPM) xxx

Nicoletta said...

Your work is wonderful! i love it!
Xoxo
Nicoletta