Sue had created a wonderful paper topiary tree and I just had to have a go myself, typical I'm a glutton for punishment and had to make three using my scrap leftover papers.
- The tree on the left I made using the Nestabilites Scallop dies, wetting and scruching the circles into flowers shapes. I left the flowers to dry and sprayed with starch and fixed to a round polystyrene ball with crafting glue ( I found after that a glue gun works so much better). The base is a recycled tin which I've covered with paper and finished with a lace edge. (approx 50 flowers used)
- The flowers on the tree back right were made with a MS punch and another flower shaped punch, pinned together with brads and glued to the ball. the stems were made by holding a few wooden kebab sticks together and bound with Tim Holtz paper tissue or you could use Japanese washi tape the exact same thing with lots of colours and patterns to choose from. (approx 100 flowers used)
- The flowers on the front tree were made from using the two smallest flower shapes from the Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals die. (approx 60 flowers used).
I will enter this project into the following challenge