Thursday 5 July 2012

Birthday Girl

Three cards in as many days, not bad for someone who had lost the desire to create cards.

I had a little shopping trip over at Mo's and just had to buy this image, my daughter just loves Giraffes and this image fit the bill perfectly for her birthday card.....I also had the idea to print a larger image onto velour paper and use pastel pencils to make a framed picture as part of her birthday box, I'll show this when I complete it.

The main backround was created by brushing on inks, I also used the same technique on the Giraffe section but this time masking out the Giraffe.  The image itself has been coloured with Promarkers, lastly I used LOTV sentiment stamps.....It's a very simple card and one I know my daughter will love for it's simplicity.......Hope you like and thank you for stopping by :-)  Kathleen x

I will enter this card into

Mo's Digital Challenge- Anything Goes

8 comments:

Pat said...

Oh Kathleen...how absolutely precious! Your daughter is going to LOVE this card! Such a sweet giraffe...beautifully colored too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Ankie vd Polder said...

Oh, this is sweet. Lovely giraffe! Good luck with this challenge. Hugs, Ankie

Unknown said...

AWW... this is adorable Kathleen well done its a fabulous card Hugs Elaine

Debbie said...

THis is just darling and perfect for your daughter especially since she is a giraffe lover. So glad you joined in for our Anything Goes challenge at Mo's this week.

Hugs
Debbie

Melissa said...

This is a lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie
Hugs
Melissa

Unknown said...

Just popped by to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, and to say I am so thrilled that you are following me , you are so kind Hugs Elaine

Elaine L. said...

This is just wonderful! I love the soft colors and simplicity of the layout! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautiful card - your colors are lovely! You have such a light touch - beautifully done! Wishing you a happy Sunday!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane