Tuesday 10 August 2010

Miss you gift box

I've been sorting through my craft items for the last few weeks, trying to bring order out of chaos, some of the crafty bits I've had for years, when I say we celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary yesterday you will get a good idea of how old some of this stuff is.  Anyway whilst having a good rummage I came across this template by 'Arty Farty'  I'd bought the template about four years ago and never used it, mainly due to the fact I can be quite lazy about cutting out templates especially when tracing is involved.  It took a couple of hours for me to prepare the template, thankfully it is now ready and other boxes and parasols will not take so long to make.  Once the main template was ready the rest was a breeze I'm glad now that I decided to make the box as it is so pretty.
I've coloured Tilda with Pro markers and added glitter to the edges of the skirt and parasol.  The box was cut from 12 x12 pattern card stock.  The parasol was made with paper, lace, kebab stick and beads.  The circular label was stamped with 'Justrite' stamps and decorated with flowers, acetate lines the front of the box and ribbon ties the box together at the top.
This is my entry into

8 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

just stunning love the template looks fab!! and the lace!! love the lace lolxx great work xx

Юлика said...

It's so charming!
Your ideas are so interesting and unusial!
Thank you

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Oooh this one is soo sweet!! Beautiful done!

Evgenia Levitskaya said...

Mmmm, gorgeous box

sandra said...

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Breathtaking!
Great photo!lol.
Hugs!
Sandra!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful creation! Love your use of acetate too, awesome treat box. Thank so much for playing along with our challenge at JM this week...hope to see you back again! :)

Kathy said...

GOrgeous creation!~ I just adore this image and your colors are beautiful! Great use of the acetate!!
THanks so much for playing along with us at Just Magnolia!!!
:)Kathy

Natagirl said...

It`s wonderful! I like it!