Monday 21 March 2011

Paper Topiary

Hi everyone sorry I've not blogged for quite a while, the saying 'It never rains but it pours' comes to mind which put crafting and my blog on the back burner for a few weeks, it's only been this last week where I've felt like doing any crafting at all and I have to thank Sue of Crafty Bunch for getting me back on the crafting track with paper topiary tree's.


Sue had created a wonderful paper topiary tree and I just had to have a go myself, typical I'm a glutton for punishment and had to make three using my scrap leftover papers. 
  • The tree on the left I made using the Nestabilites Scallop dies, wetting and scruching the circles into flowers shapes.  I left the flowers to dry and sprayed with starch and fixed to a round polystyrene ball with crafting glue ( I found after that a glue gun works so much better).  The base is a recycled tin which I've covered with paper and finished with a lace edge. (approx 50 flowers used)

  • The flowers on the tree back right were made with a MS punch and another flower shaped punch, pinned together with brads and glued to the ball. the stems were made by holding a few wooden kebab sticks together and bound with Tim Holtz paper tissue or you could use Japanese washi tape the exact same thing with lots of colours and patterns to choose from. (approx 100 flowers used)

  • The flowers on the front tree were made from using the two smallest flower shapes from the Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals die. (approx 60 flowers used).
I hope you like this project as much as I did creating it.

Kathleen x

I will enter this project into the following challenge

15 comments:

Anita said...

It's gorgeous Kathleen! Love the colourcombo's, makes me think spring is really there ;)!
Hugs, Anita

brenda said...

What clever work Kathleen, it's lovely to see something a bit different and so imaginative.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

allex said...

Stunning Kathleen, really "springy". These would look fabbie on the table at easter mmmmmmmmmm !!

Hugs, sandra xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, these are wonderful. Such a great idea. Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

chris said...

I so love your topiary trees, they are incredible.
Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge. hugs Chris xx

pinky said...

Wow Kathleen they are so gorgeous, love the pastel colours. Thanks for playing at Sir Stampalot.

Carrie said...

Fabulous topiary Kathleen. I have left a little something for you on my blog : http://carrieoncrafting.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
Chat soon
Carrie
xxx

Sally H said...

Wow! These are amazing! A wonderful set of spring creations in yellow, pink and green! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot and good luck!

Evgenia Levitskaya said...

WOW! They are so wonderful

Francesca said...

Stunning creation

Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Susan said...

these are way cool, is there a TUT somewhere for them? Beautiful indeed :)
Susan

nananessa said...

These are so pretty. I love them.

maxine said...

wow these are stunning I've got to make one to keep in my craft room x

katesacraftybugger said...

these are all beautiful , I 've missed seeing all of your beautiful creations at ILPM's - I hope you are keeping well -hugs Kate xx

Karen said...

Absolutely fab Kathleen.

xx